The ANDROLOGY (from the Greek aner: man and logos: speech) is the branch of medicine that focuses its studies and treatments on diseases of the male sexual apparatus.
It has been proved that male cause fertility affects at least half of the total infertile couples, while recent studies show significant percentages of male subjects suffering from erectile dysfunction, represented not only by the well-known “impotentia erigendi”, but also from aesthetic-functional alterations of the rod such as “induratio penis plastica” and recurvatuum congenito.
The relevance of the incidence of prostate-vesicular pathologies in the determination of urogenital symptoms, of the sexual and male reproductive sphere is well known.
The alteration of the mechanisms responsible for safeguarding the reproduction of the species thus involves various organs that are closely connected to one another, despite the peculiarities of the functions they perform.
A poor quality of the seminal fluid may, for example, reflect a defect in the development of the gonadal germ line as, at the extreme, it could represent the result of an overlaid prostate-vesicular phlogosis untreated.
Likewise, an erectile deficit may reflect a multifactorial aetiology, determined by the interactions between its own and functional organic causes superimposed by the so-called “failure anxiety”. And also in the field of organic causes, a wide range of etiological possibilities opens up. The problem must therefore be seen and resolved with a view to unity, considering the whole set of organs that regulate the “quality of life” of man (and by reflection of / of the partner), to then converge where the diagnostic investigations highlight the heart of the problem.
From all this we can deduce the strict need for collaboration between specialists of different disciplines, such as to be able to address the topic in its unity and without neglecting the evaluation of apparently secondary aspects for the care such as the patient’s psychology, which must be carefully evaluated and sustained to get the best results from therapy.
At our Turin studio it will be possible to perform the following services and specialized treatments:
- Specialist Andrological consultation for diagnosis and treatment of all andrologic diseases
- Specialist Urological consultation for diagnosis and treatment of all urologic diseases
- Medical and surgical treatment of erectile dysfunction and Peyronie’s disease (IPP)
- Oncology and Reconstructive Surgery of penile cancer
- Treatment of urethral stenosis
- Treatment of couples Infertility
- Medical and surgical treatment of Prostate Hyperplasia
- Diagnostic in Uro-Andrology
- Eco-color-power-Duplex penile and scrotal.
- Transrectal ultrasound prostate biopsy with Eco-Drive Target
- Treatment of lithiasis of the upper and lower urinary tract.
- Etracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for the treatment of kidney stones
- Advice on activities of explants and Kidney Transplantation
- Abdominal and trans-rectal ultrasound scans
- Scrotal or testicular ecocolodoppler for testicular and varicocele problems
- Uroflowmetry for the diagnosis of obstructive prostate and urethral pathologies